MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Monday, February 22, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

The last two times I made ice cream or sorbet, it was runny, but firmed up nicely after leaving it in the freezer overnight. This time I made sure to leave the freezer container (that you make the ice cream in) in the freezer for two days, packed with lots of ice to make sure it was really cold. Also, I wasn't sure how much effect using the low-fat milk and 1/2 and 1/2 cream had to do with how the first batch turned out. So this time I used 2% milk and heavy cream. Mixed in some Ghirardelli Baking chocolate broken into little pieces and some peppermint extract. Just five ingredients, 25 minutes in the ice cream maker, two hours in the fridge and I must say, it turned out nice!


I let my daughter have some right away, but it was more like soft serve. I put it in the fridge for two hours and it was much firmer.

We all give this two thumbs up!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails