MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Friday, February 12, 2010

I Made Bread: Part III

Today, I made a loaf of Italian Herb Bread.  I think I've died and gone to heaven. After it baked, I put a few slices under the broiler with some parmesan cheese and some more italian seasoning.  It was soooo good.  By the time we each tasted a piece, 1/3 of the loaf was gone! I'm making spaghetti for dinner, so more of the bread (with more cheese, garlic and italian herbs) will be going under the broiler. 

The only thing I've noticed about this bread maker is that the left side of the loaf is usually deformed in some way.  In the herb bread today, it didn't rise as high as the right side.  In the wheat loaves, the left side isn't smooth....it's lumpy.  The bread won't be getting any awards for aesthetics, but it doesn't affect the taste and that is all I really care about.



Related Posts with Thumbnails