MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Made Bread: Part II

I am loving the bread machine I talked about in this post.  It is so very easy to use and I am making a new loaf of bread every other day.  I have tried out a few other types of bread as well with pretty good success.

We have been big eaters of organic Honey Whole Wheat bread from the store.  I used the whole wheat recipe that came with my bread maker and just substituted some organic honey for some of the molasses called for in the recipe.  I have to say that this bread turned out just as good, if not better, than the stuff from the store. 

I also made a loaf of what is called Trail Mix bread.  This loaf was moderately successful.  I think the dough was just a bit too wet.  Next time I need to check it better and add some more flour if necessary.  Plus, with this recipe, you only get to add 1/2 cup of "trail mix" which just did not seem like enough.  The bread maker allows you to make 1.5lb and 2lb loaves.  I have been making 2lb loaves but for this one, just made the 1.5lb loaf.  With the 2lb. loaves, you get to add 3/4 cup of trail mix.  I may just add 3/4 cup to my 1.5lb loaf next time and see how it turns out.

I think tomorrow I may make either focaccia dough or cheese/onion bread.  They both sound so yummy.

Can you tell I'm having fun?  Did I mention I love to bake?  I think I need to get serious about my walking program if I'm going to keep making all this delicious bread, otherwise Pillsbury may be contacting me to be the next Pillsbury Dough Person! LOL



Related Posts with Thumbnails