MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Monday, October 12, 2009

Empty Me

My DH had taken our daughter to the park today, so I was home, working hard playing Yacht on FB, listening to some Contemporary Christian music, when I heard a song come on that I had heard before but never really paid attention to the lyrics.  Something told me to pay attention now.  So I did.    Soon, the tears flowed and I was crying out to God to Empty Me. 
Empty Me of all the anger, selfishness, and pride.  Empty Me of all the pity, hurt, pain, confusion, and fear.

Joyce Meyer has long been a favorite of mine.  She has an awesome ministry, and I tape her show, Enjoying Everyday Life each morning.  I like her because she is a down-to-earth, no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is kind of person.  I can relate to almost everything she preaches about.  Recently, her ministry has been talking about, and promoting her teaching series about a Love Revolution.
Are you fed up with all the pain and injustice that’s plaguing the world? Nothing will ever change if we don’t get involved. The world is in desperate need of people who are willing to ban together and start a Love Revolution.

Possibly one of Joyce’s most urgent books, The Love Revolution forces you to answer the question, “What are you doing for others?” Your answer could change your life and your world. 

Joyce has a favorite little teaching moment where she pretends she is a robot and walks the stage saying "What about me? What about me? What about me? What about me? What about me? What about me?"   With the Love Revolution, it is get your mind off of you and onto someone else!

When asked by the Pharisee's which commandment was the most important, Jesus replied "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40)

So today, when I was crying out to God to take away all the "what about me" inside of me, I asked Him to "Fill me with You!"  Fill me up to overflowing with love and care and concern for others.  Help me to take the focus off me and put it out there on my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, where it belongs.  Help me to SHOW love in all that I do.

This is the song, and the lyrics, that so moved me today.  I hope that you will be moved as well to ask God to empty you and fill you with Him.



Empty Me by Chris Sligh

I've had just enough of the spotlight
When it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood
And I've tasted my share
Of the sweet life
And the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough

I know how i can stray
And how fast my heart could change

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So i can be
Filled with you

Ive seen just enough of the quick buys
Of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away

I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you

Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
Compared to you
Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
So I surrender all

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you.
Filled with you
Empty me


Related Posts with Thumbnails