MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicken Penne Casserole

After the success of my Tortilla Lasagna from the Taste of Home recipe magazine my step-MIL gave to me when she was visiting, I decided to make Chicken-Penne-Casserole tonight.

As usual, I made a few substitutions, in part because I didn't have one of the ingredients and in part because I wanted to use a healthier alternative.

The recipe is called Chicken Penne, but I used some whole wheat rotini instead.   In place of the chicken thighs, I cut up some chicken cutlets I had.  Instead of using mozarella cheese (which I didn't have), I just used 75% reduced fat Cabot cheddar cheese.

My resident guinea pig  husband was the taste tester.  Two thumbs up.  Since he didn't fall down dead gave it the ok, I went ahead and tasted it and I have to agree that it is very tasty.  I find that most recipes go light on the spices so I was a bit more generous with them, including the crushed red pepper, which gave the casserole a nice zip!

My husband had to go back to work so I had to give him some before I got to take a picture.  OK, it was so tasty, I gave myself and my daughter some and forgot to take a picture....but it looked as great as it smelled and tasted!!  Definitely something I will make again.

Now, if I could only get that automatic dishwasher to help with the clean-up, I'd be so very happy!



Related Posts with Thumbnails