MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Sixth Birthday Benjamin!

My son turns six today. but he is not here with me to celebrate.  He left us shortly after birth.  This is his sixth Heavenly Birthday...and he is celebrating with Jesus again, and my dad, and now my father-in-law, who joined them the day after Thanksgiving.

Usually, at this time of year, I am a wreck....the build up to the day is always harder than the actual day itself.  But this year, I'm at peace.  Oh, I have my days when I cry and cry about him.  He is missed every day.  He would have been in kindergarten this year.  His sister misses him and wishes he were here to play with her.  Our family will never be complete.  Well, that's not exactly true.  We will one day.  When Jesus calls us home, we will finally be a complete family, living forever with God, in the place He makes for us. 

Until that happens, we will continue to miss our little boy.  We will have cake and ice cream for him, sing Happy Birthday and release a few balloons, sending our love to him.  We will continue to talk about him with E, keeping his memory alive.  Others in our family may not remember him, but he will not be forgotten.

Happy Birthday Benjamin.  Daddy, Mommy and E miss you very much.  We will see you again.  Until then, give Papa and Grandpa Nick big hugs for us.





Related Posts with Thumbnails