MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Thursday, September 24, 2009

Patiently Waiting

I've been so busy the last few weeks.  I decided to home school/preschool my 4 1/2 year old daughter (she will be five in December, so too young for kindergarten this year).  You can read my posts on my blog about her here and here and here.   This is a big step for me.  I am not the most patient person. 


Over the years, I have prayed and prayed and prayed for patience.  I patiently impatiently waited for God to open up the patience reservoir and pour a gallon or two or three onto me.  I patiently impatiently waited (do you sense a them here?)  until I was 39 years old for God to bring into my life the man I was to marry.  I patiently  impatiently waited for the children God had planned to give me.  I continued to patiently  impatiently wait for patience, wondering why God didn't hear my prayers, asking "When God? When will you get around to me?"

Then I saw an episode of Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everyday Life, where she talks about not praying for patience, because each of us already has patience inside us and that we just need to let God work it out of us.   Galations 5:22-23 says "22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control."   God gave us the fruit of the Spirit as a free gift just for loving Him and having faith in Him.  Each of has the ability to be patient in every circumstance.   We just need to trust God, that His timing is perfect, that all things happen in due season.  While we are waiting, we can enjoy our lives, we can be happy.

So, I'm going to trust God that He will work out of me the patience I need to teach my daughter.  I'm going to enjoy the time I get to spend with her and be happy that I have the opportunity to do so!


If you want to read an excellent article written by Joyce Meyer on Patience, go here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails