MY BLOG HAS MOVED

My blog has moved to here.




Monday, January 18, 2010

FAIL

I was trying to do the Read Your Bible in 90 Days plan, but I just got bored overwhelmed with the beginning books in the Old Testament. It starts from Genesis and goes forward through the rest of the bible. I soon realized remembered I have the attention span of a gnat. FAIL.

Then, I switched to a 61 Day reading plan from Bible Gateway, which takes you through the "highlights" of the Old and New Testament. That was more interesting, more readable/comprehendable to me, but after a few days....FAIL.

I may have failed to keep to my reading plan, but I DO know that God does not want me to feel like a failure. Romans 8:1 tells us "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

I know it is important to read God's word every day, and to memorize scripture. Psalm 119:11 says "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." I pray that God will help me in my bible reading. I pray He will open my heart and mind to what I am reading that I may understand his Word and store it in my heart to draw upon when I am tempted or in trouble. I pray that when I do miss a day (or two) that I do not feel like I have failed, but instead remember that tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to feed my spirit with the Word of God!


Related Posts with Thumbnails